Do you love fresh applesauce? This Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce is so easy to make you will never go back to the jarred stuff.
The smooth decadent texture and the sweet all natural apple crisp flavor will have you craving for more than one dish of this easy homemade applesauce.
Once you start up your Instant Pot you will also get the bonus of the Aroma of Apple Cinnamon filling your house. The amazing smell will give you that comforting warm feel good memory of your grandmother baking an apple pie.
If you are lucky enough to live near an apple orchard take the family out for a road trip and pick your own apples. But don't worry you can get amazing apples at the supermarket to make your healthy homemade applesauce.
How many Calories are in Homemade Applesauce?
A cup of homemade unsweetened Applesauce contains about 100 calories making it a perfect healthy snack.
Is Classic Homemade Applesauce Healthy?
Oh yes it is! Apples are a good source of Vitamin C and are antioxidant rich. Did you know applesauce is great for your digestion and promotes the growth of probiotics.
What exactly is a Probiotic?
Probiotics are live microorganisms that have been known to help, prevent and treat illnesses. They promote a healthy digestive tract and a healthy immune system. They are commonly known as a friendly, good and healthy bacteria. Another reason to eat homemade applesauce.
What are the Best Apples for Homemade Applesauce in the Instant Pot?
For this recipe I used Granny Smith Apples but you can use a variety of different apples like Mcintosh, Golden Delicious Apples or Fuji Apples.
What can I do with my Homemade Applesauce?
- Make Homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Top your Pork Chops or Sausage with Warm Applesauce
- Spoon it over some Low Fat Vanilla Ice Cream
- Top your Hot Cereal like Oat Meal , Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice or Barley with your applesauce in place of sugar.
- Top your Pancakes with applesauce instead of syrup.
- Potato Latkes are delicious topped with homemade applesauce.
- Applesauce can be used as an excellent WW swap - 1:1 replacement for oil or melted butter in all of your baked goods recipes.
- Mix it with Granola and Yogurt
- If you are having a party treat your guests to an Apple Pie Bellini.
- Add applesauce to your morning smoothie.
- Make your own Salad dressing
- Serve as a dessert
- And don't forget babies love it too.
Does Fresh Homemade Applesauce need to be Refrigerated?
Yes it does. Place your leftover homemade applesauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Your fresh applesauce should last a week to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Hey, Since you Love Healthy Desserts make sure you grab a FREE Copy of my Easy Keto Desserts Recipe Book..just click Here!
Does Homemade Applesauce Freeze Well?
Yes it does. You can freeze portions in Freezer Zip Lock Bags for up to a year. When you are ready to eat just take out a baggie and place it in the refrigerator to thaw.
What Kitchen Tools do I need for this Healthy Homemade Applesauce Recipe?
Want to Peel your Apples Fast?
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know that I am a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. I like their program because you can eat anything, but it keeps you aware of portions. I try to point all of my recipes with their Smartpoint system and unsweetened Applesauce is Zero Points for ½ cup. This Homemade Applesauce Recipe is about 1 point for ½ cup serving since I used Unsweetened Apple Juice as the base liquid. Want to see the new WW Food List just click here.
Not a Weight Watcher but are thinking about trying it?Join Free + Free Month & Cookbook w/ Select Plan Purch. Try the New myWW Program: our most customized ever!
Too Busy to Cook this week and still want to Eat Healthy? Try out BistroMD...
- 3 Lbs of Tart Apples - I used Granny Smith - Peeled, Cored and Chopped
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Apple Juice - ***Note if you like a thicker Applesauce use only ½ or ¾ Cup of Apple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon of Grated Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
1: Place all of your Ingredients in the Instant Pot and Mix Well.
2: Place the lid on your Instant Pot and Lock the Lid and then place the Vent to the Sealed Position. Pressure Cook on High for 6 Minutes and turn off the keep warm setting.
3: Once the cooking is complete let the pressure release naturally for about 25 minutes, then you can release any remaining pressure.
4: Unlock the lid once the pressure is released.
5: Use your Potato Masher to pulverize the apples into a sauce right in the Instant Pot.
6: Remove and serve warm or chill in the fridge.Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.