Welcome to my kitchen, where the aroma of freshly baked goods fills the air and the flavors of the season come to life.
I'm SueseaQPI, a passionate food blogger and dedicated Weight Watcher, and today, I'm thrilled to share a delightful recipe that combines the cozy essence of fall with the irresistible indulgence of chocolate.
Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth guilt-free, because these Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins require just three simple ingredients but deliver a world of flavor.
When the leaves begin to change and the air turns crisp, there's nothing quite like the comforting embrace of pumpkin-spiced treats.
These muffins are no exception, but what sets them apart is their rich, chocolaty twist that adds an extra layer of decadence.
Best of all, they fit perfectly into your Weight Watchers journey, proving that healthy eating can be both delicious and fulfilling.
Before we dive into the recipe, let's take a moment to appreciate the star of the show: pumpkin. Beyond its delightful taste, pumpkin boasts a range of health benefits, including being low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
By incorporating this versatile ingredient into our muffins, we not only enhance their moist texture but also boost their nutritional value.
What are the secret ingredients?
But what's the secret behind keeping these muffins delightfully guilt-free? The answer lies in the three core ingredients. Each component plays a unique role in crafting a muffin that's satisfying without derailing your wellness goals.
With a perfect blend of pumpkin puree, chocolate cake mix, and chocolate chips, you'll enjoy the comforting flavors of the season while staying true to your healthy lifestyle.
So, let's roll up our sleeves and get ready to bake up a batch of these Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.
Whether you're a Weight Watcher looking for a sweet treat that won't break the points bank or simply a food enthusiast eager to savor the essence of autumn, these muffins are sure to become a seasonal favorite.
It's time to embrace the flavors of fall in the most delectable and figure-friendly way possible.
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on these delicious little bites pumpkin muffins!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy double chocolate chip muffin recipe is only 5 points for one fudgy muffin.
Easy to Make - This moist chocolate chip pumpkin muffin requires only 3 ingredients and less than 20 minutes of bake time.
Kid Friendly - This recipe is incredibly easy and convenient, making it perfect for busy parents. It requires only a few basic ingredients, including the cake mix and canned pumpkin. Kids can even join in and help with the preparation, as it doesn't involve complex cooking techniques.
Muffins are perfectly portioned for kids, making them an ideal snack or dessert. They're easy to pack in lunchboxes, serve as an after-school treat, or offer as a special weekend breakfast.
Aroma - This enchanting fragrance isn't overwhelming; it's like a gentle hug for your senses. It wafts through the kitchen, through the hallways, and into every corner of your home.
You can't help but close your eyes for a moment to fully savor the experience, and you may even find yourself inhaling deeply, trying to capture every nuance.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
One box of chocolate cake mix - For this recipe I used Simple Mills Almond Flour Chocolate Muffin & Cake Baking Mix. You can use any brand chocolate cake mix but this Simple Mills brand has no hazardous additives in the ingredients which is why I chose it.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1: Mix all of your ingredients together in a large bowl.
2: Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. Divide the batter evenly among the paper liners using a medium cookie scoop.
3: Place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes. When baking is completed remove from oven and cool. Serve and enjoy!!
Watch the Video on How to Make Delicious Pumpkin Muffins...
After removing the muffins from the oven, it's essential to allow them to cool in the muffin tin for about 5-10 minutes. This helps the muffins set and makes them easier to handle when removing them from the tin.
Store your muffins in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. You can also add a slice of bread to the container, as it will help retain moisture. The bread will become stale while the muffins stay moist.
Muffins are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature, typically in a cupboard or on your kitchen countertop. Storing muffins in the fridge is not recommended unless the muffins have a perishable filling or topping, such as cream cheese or a custard filling, that needs to be kept cold to prevent spoilage. Freeze for longer storage: To extend the shelf life, you can freeze muffins. Wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then place them in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag. Frozen muffins can last for a few months. When you're ready to enjoy them, simply thaw at room temperature or warm them in the microwave or oven.
- Choose the Right Cake Mix: Opt for a sugar-free or reduced-sugar chocolate cake mix to lower the calorie and sugar content.
- Use Canned Pumpkin Puree: Canned pumpkin is a great low-calorie substitute for oil or butter in cake mixes. It adds moisture without adding a lot of extra fat.
- Measure Ingredients Accurately: Use a kitchen scale to ensure precise measurements of ingredients, as accuracy matters in baking.
- Egg Substitute: Instead of using whole eggs, try using egg whites or a lower-fat egg substitute. It will reduce the cholesterol and fat content.
- Pumpkin Spice: Enhance the pumpkin flavor with a dash of pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Greek Yogurt: Adding a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt can increase the moisture and protein content while keeping the muffins tender.
- Stir Gently: Mix the ingredients just until combined. Overmixing can lead to tough muffins.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Choose mini chocolate chips instead of regular-sized ones. They distribute more evenly throughout the batter.
- Silicone Muffin Cups: Consider using silicone muffin cups to reduce the need for extra oil or butter to prevent sticking.
- Portion Control: Use a cookie scoop to ensure consistent portion sizes. This makes it easier to track your points accurately.
- Baking Temperature: Bake your muffins at the temperature recommended on the cake mix box. It ensures they cook evenly and won't burn on the outside while staying undercooked inside.
- Check Doneness: Use a toothpick to check for doneness. It should come out clean with just a few moist crumbs attached when the muffins are ready.
- Cooling Time: Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This prevents them from falling apart.
- Calorie-Friendly Toppings: If you want to add toppings, consider a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a light dusting of cocoa powder to keep the calorie count low.
- Tracking Your Points: Finally, make sure to calculate the Weight Watchers points for each muffin based on the specific ingredients you use. Keep track of your portion sizes to stay within your daily points allowance.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin is only 5 Points on my app for one gluten free muffin.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Grab a Cozy Lounge Set Here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...