Welcome back to our cozy kitchen, where we're always on a mission to create delectable treats like these Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies. They will satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your wellness goals.
Today, we're diving into the world of cookies, and I'm thrilled to share with you a delightful chocolate chip cream cheese cookie recipe that's not only irresistibly yummy but also Weight Watchers-friendly.
We all know that finding the perfect balance between indulgence and health-conscious choices can be a challenge, especially when it comes to our favorite sweet treats. But fear not, because these cookies are here to prove that you can have your cookie and eat it too!
Picture this: big, fluffy cookies that are reminiscent of your favorite cake, studded with rich and gooey chocolate chips. They're soft, they're sweet, and they're incredibly satisfying. Best of all, they won't derail your progress on your Weight Watchers journey.
One of the secret ingredients behind these heavenly cookies is light cream cheese. This creamy, tangy addition not only lends a delightful richness to the cookies but also keeps them moist and tender. The result? A batch of cookies that are so good, you'll forget they're on the healthier side.
Throughout this blog post, I'll walk you through the simple steps to create these delectable morsels of joy. From selecting the right ingredients to achieving that perfect fluffy texture, we've got you covered. Plus, I'll break down the Weight Watchers points so you can enjoy these cookies with peace of mind.
So, grab your apron and let's embark on a baking adventure that combines the best of both worlds – the irresistible taste of chocolate chip cookies and the smart, WW-friendly choices we all strive for. Get ready to savor every bite, knowing that you're treating yourself to something special without compromising your wellness goals. Let's get baking!
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on these bakery-style chocolate chip cookies!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy cream cheese chocolate chip cookies recipe is only 4 points for 1 tasty chocolate chip cream cheese cookie.
Easy to Make - This bakery style chocolate chip cookies recipe requires only 10-12 minutes of cook time.
Kid Friendly - Cream cheese adds a delightful creaminess and tangy twist to the classic cookie dough, making it a fun and interactive experience for children. Kids can easily mix and shape the dough with their hands, and the addition of chocolate chips adds excitement to the process.
Plus, the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through the kitchen is sure to captivate their senses and spark their curiosity. It's an opportunity for bonding and learning as they measure ingredients, practice fine motor skills, and eagerly await the delicious outcome, making it a perfect way to create lasting memories in the heart of your home.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make this healthy WW chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Low Fat Cream Cheese - This is the chocolate chip cookies secret ingredient. I used an organic low fat cream cheese but feel free to use your favorite. You can use regular Philadelphia cream cheese if you can't find a low fat version.
Chocolate Chips - Nestle's semi sweet chocolate chips are perfect for this soft bake chocolate chip cookies recipe. If you want to reduce the sugar in this recipe try using Lily's Stevia sweetened chocolate chips.
How to make Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
2: In a large bowl mix your cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add in your egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
3: In a separate bowl mix together your flours, baking soda and sea salt.
4: Now combine both bowls of your wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Now add in your chocolate chips and mix into a dough ball.
5: Drop the dough in heaping teaspoon fulls onto your baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
6: Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack, eat and enjoy!!
Watch the How to Make the Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies Video Here..
Certainly! Adding cream cheese to a chocolate chip cookie recipe can create a softer, creamier texture and add a slight tangy flavor to the cookies.
Cream cheese can be used as a substitute for butter in cookies, but it will alter the texture and flavor of the cookies to some extent. Cookies made with cream cheese tend to be softer and have a slightly different texture compared to those made with butter. Cream cheese contains more moisture than butter, which can result in a cake-like or softer cookie.
After baking, store cookies in an airtight container. Place a piece of bread or a marshmallow inside the container to help maintain moisture. This prevents them from becoming dry and stale.
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: Start with fresh, high-quality ingredients. This includes good-quality cream cheese, pure vanilla extract, and high-grade chocolate chips.
- Bring Ingredients to Room Temperature: Allow your butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature. This ensures proper creaming and a smoother dough.
- Cream the Cream Cheese Thoroughly: Creaming the cream cheese until light and fluffy is crucial for a tender cookie. This process traps air, which leads to a softer texture.
- Don't Overmix: Once you add the dry ingredients, mix just until combined. Overmixing can result in tough cookies.
- Chill the Dough: After mixing the dough, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours). This helps the cookies hold their shape and prevents spreading.
- Properly Measure Flour: Use the spoon and level method to measure flour. Scoop the flour into your measuring cup with a spoon and level it off with a flat edge. This prevents packing too much flour into the cup.
- Add Extra Flavor: Consider adding a pinch of salt to enhance the overall flavor. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet, or white) for variety.
- Use Parchment Paper: Line your baking sheets with parchment paper to prevent cookies from sticking and make cleanup easier.
- Control Cookie Size: Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to portion out consistent cookie sizes. This ensures even baking.
- Don't Overbake: Bake your cookies just until the edges are lightly golden brown, and the centers are slightly underbaked. They will continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheet, resulting in soft and chewy cookies.
- Bonus Tip: Experiment with add-ins like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even a touch of cinnamon for unique flavor variations.
- Remember that practice makes perfect, so don't be discouraged if your first batch isn't exactly as you'd like. With these tips and a little experimentation, you'll be well on your way to making the best chocolate chip cream cheese cookies. Enjoy!
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy WW Chocolate Chip Cookie with Cream Cheese recipe is only 4 Points on my app for one big and fluffy chocolate chip cookie.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...