Are you feeling that achy feeling, scratchy throat and chill in the air? If you answered yes then you need to try this Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
I hope you are not feeling this way, but I know that at this time of year when the season is slowly creeping its way towards Winter, everyone seems to be coughing and sneezing around the house or at the office so we need to take some preventative action fast. My quick remedy is one cup of this Healthy Homemade Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup a day. It is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Is Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup better than Store bought Canned Chicken Noodle Soup?
Absolutely! An average can of store bought chicken noodle soup contains about 890 milligrams of Sodium which is more than half of your allowable sodium intake for the day according to the American Heart Association.
Preparing your own homemade Chicken Noodle Soup allows you to choose the best low sodium broths and ingredients.
These Bowls are my Favorite!
What are the Benefits of Eating Chicken Noodle Soup Daily?
- Strengthens the immune response to fighting off cold viruses, including a runny nose and cough.
- Inhibits cold symptoms and prevents the migration of the cold virus.
- Keeps you hydrated when you are not feeling well because it is filled with electrolytes
- The natural salts, the warm soup and steam are beneficial in helping to clear the mucus membranes and soothes irritated passageways in your nose and throat. Steam can help open up the airways making it easier to breathe.
- The ingredients you add to your chicken noodle soup recipe can also add immune boosting antioxidants and nutrients, such as onions, carrots, celery, parsley and chicken. These vegetables contain Vitamins C and K and other antioxidants and minerals. Not only does this build a healthy immune system to fight off a virus it also helps your body recover from illness more quickly
- Adding noodles to the chicken noodle soup recipe can also be helpful with weight control as noodles are high in carbohydrates which will help you feel full and satisfied more quickly. Carbs are the preferred source of energy for your body so getting a good dose through soup can help you fell less sluggish.
- Chicken Noodle Soup is a comfort food and has been shown to give you an emotional and psychological boost to lift your spirits. Homemade soup can make a person feel better not only physically but emotionally, mentally and warms the soul.
What Ingredients can you add to Elevate your Soup?
- Crumbled Turkey Bacon to sprinkle on top
- Turmeric - Flu Fighting
- Cayenne - Flu Fighting
- White Pepper
- A dash of Hot Sauce
- Fresh Scallions
- Let your imagination roam
What Kitchen Tools do you need to prepare this Recipe?
- The Instant Pot
- A large bowl, I prefer stainless steel bowls
- A quality cutting board
- A sharp knife to dice
- A good peeler
- 2 Forks for shredding or on my list of gadgets I still need Shredder Claws
- Tongs or a Slotted Spoon
Why should you use an Instant Pot instead of Traditional stovetop cooking?
Making a traditional chicken noodle soup in a pot on the stove will take over 2 hours. The Instant Pot cooks all of the ingredients in under 30 minutes. You cannot beat the timesaving capabilities of an Instant Pot.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
As a lifetime member of the Weight Watchers Program I like to calculate the point value of my Recipes. One Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup is only 2 points if you go light on the noodles, which is really great. Make this 3 points for one cup if you want some extra noodles. Perfect to have a cup before your meal to fill you up with nutrients and fiber which will keep your hunger cravings under control.
Hot Tip - Poor Sleep is a Major Risk Factor for Weight Gain..Try Cool-Jams to get your Zzzz's - Click Here to try them today!
Not a Weight Watcher but thinking about trying it?Halloween Flash Sale: Save 50% off select WW memberships. Offer ends soon! WW is the new Weight Watchers Reimagined. Restrictions apply.
Too busy to cook this week but still want to Eat Healthy try BistroMD
I am adding a link below for the Instant Pot I use in case you do not own one yet. Just click on the image below for more info.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.