These Flourless Mini Chocolate Cakes are so fudgy and moist you will never believe the ingredients. Only 20 minutes needed to make these Weight Watcher mini chocolate cakes with ganache.
I think I have actually found a chocolate dessert that is good for you. I know I couldn't believe it either!
The main ingredient of these Flourless Mini Chocolate Cakes are black beans. You are probably thinking there is no way a cake made with black beans could taste good but surprise.. surprise they are delicious!
So what are the health Benefits of Black Beans you ask ?
- Maintains Healthy Bones - They contain Iron, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, and Zinc which contribute to building and maintaining of bone structure and strength.
- Helps Lower Blood Pressure - Black Beans are naturally low in Sodium and contain Potassium, Calcium, and Magnesium all of which have been found to decrease blood pressure.
- Wards off Heart Disease - The fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content of black beans coupled with their lack of cholesterol, all support heart health.
- Helps prevent cancer - They contain Selenium which is a mineral that is not present in most fruits and vegetables but can be found in Black Beans. It plays a role in liver enzyme function and helps detoxify some cancer causing compounds in the body. In addition Selenium may prevent inflammation and decrease tumor growth rates.
- Healthy Digestion - Because of their fiber content, black beans help to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract. They also provide fuel for the healthy bacteria in the colon.
- Weight Loss - One cup of Black Beans contains 15 grams of Fiber which is an important factor in weight loss. High fiber foods increase the sense of fullness after eating and reduce appetite, making you feel fuller for longer, thereby lowering overall calorie intake.
So this little Black Bean is a powerhouse of nutrition and it magically turns into a Chocolate Cake...miracles do happen!
This is another Weight Watcher friendly recipe at only 3 points per serving which is equal to one mini cake, another bonus to this recipe.
Here is your Ingredient List:
1 - Cooking Spray
2 - 15 ounce Can of Black Beans
3 - ½ Cup of Sugar - I swapped Swerve into the recipe instead of using the sugar because Swerve contains Zero Calories and does not raise blood sugar levels or insulin.
4 - ¼ Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
5 - ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
6 - 3 Eggs
7 - ½ Teaspoon of Table Salt
8 - ½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
9 - ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
10 - ½ Cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
For the Chocolate Ganache
1 - 5 Tablespoons of Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
2 - ¼ Cup of Water
1 - Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Coat Mini Muffin Pan with cooking spray.
2 - Combine Beans, Sugar or Swerve, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Butter, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract in a mixer or food processor (I used my Nutribullet Rx which worked great) puree until smooth Next add in semi sweet chocolate chips pulse until combined.
3 - Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup or for a fancier swirl add batter to a zip lock bag and squeeze batter mixture into cups.
4- Bake 9-10 minutes then remove from oven; let cool in pan.
Now make your Chocolate Ganache:
1 - Place your Bittersweet Chocolate or Regular Chocolate Chips if you do not have the Bittersweet and water in the top of a double boiler . I quickly made my own with a heat proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water; Whisk mixture until fully melted and glossy.
2 -Remove from heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
3 - Drizzle the ganache over each cake using a spoon or once again add to a ziplock and squeeze over each cake .
4 - Now add your topping...whatever you like; a berry, a nut, coconut, peanut butter. The ideas are endless.
This is the perfect after dinner treat or when you just crave chocolate!Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.