Break out your favorite skillet for this Hot & Spicy Shredded Brussels Recipe it's a good one.
I must say I have never made a meal with shredded brussel sprouts so I was not really sure how this would taste but it was crazy delicious. You can buy fresh brussel sprouts and shred the sprouts very thinly with a sharp knife or do what I did and buy them pre shedded...quick and easy.
This is a low carb delight and if you are Vegan just leave out the chicken.
Here are your Ingredients:
- 1 Teaspoon of Grapeseed Oil
- ½ Pound of Ground Lean Chicken..I am sure it would be just as tasty with Ground Turkey or if you are having a Vegan night leave out the Meat
- 3 Tablespoons of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- ½ Teaspoon of Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3 Cups of Shredded Brussel Sprouts
- ½ Cup of Shredded Carrots
- ¼ Cup of Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Ounces of Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- ½ Tablespoon of Dry Sherry
- 1 Teaspoon of Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Medium Scallion sliced for Garnish
Step 1 - In a Large Non Stick Skillet heat ½ teaspoon of the grapeseed oil over high heat. When the pan is hot and almost smoking add the chicken, ½ tablespoon of the soy sauce and the red pepper flakes and brown the chicken using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks 4-5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic and grated ginger next and cook together stirring frequently until softened another 3-4 minutes. Then transfer to a separate bowl.
Step 2 - Use the same pan and add ½ teaspoon of grapeseed oil the brussel sprouts and carrots and cook together stirring until browned about 5 minutes. Now add in the Red Bell Pepper and Shiitake Mushrooms. Pour in 2 ½ tablespoons of your Soy Sauce, Dry Sherry and Sesame Oil. Cook together stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp and tender about 5 minutes.
Step 3 - Return the chicken to the pan with your veggies and re heat all together for about another 5 minutes....at this point you may want to do a little taste test to check your flavors I happen to love extra spicy so I did add more red pepper and some cayenne pepper at the very end
Step 4 - Remove from pan and garnish with scallions...I also added some toasted & wasabi Sesame Seeds for garnish as well.
Step 5 - Serve and Eat!!
I am pretty sure there will be no leftovers.Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.