These super crispy baked keto onion rings with cheese are a dead ringer for the deep fried breaded variety and take less than 30 minutes to prepare. Slicing onions into thick rings and baking them between a layer of shredded cheddar and mozzarella are the secrets to achieving the perfect keto onion ring recipe. A touch of buffalo seasoning adds a nice heat.
- 3 cups of Shredded Cheese - Reduced Fat Cheddar and Mozzarella - you can swap for your favorite shredded cheese.
- 2 Medium sized onions sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- Flavor God Seasoning - Pizza Flavor, Buffalo and Everything Seasoning.
- Prep - Peel your onion and cut into 1/2 inch slices and separate into rings.
- Assemble - Spritz your donut pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking. Now sprinkle a layer of shredded cheeses into your donut ring.
- Assemble - Now add a raw onion ring on top of your shredded cheese.
- Assemble - Now sprinkle your shredded cheese on top of your onion ring covering it completely.
- Bake - Once all your donut slots are filled with the ingredients sprinkle with your favorite seasoning ( I like Flavor God Seasonings) and place them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 400 Degrees F.
- Remove - Remove from oven, let cool and eat!
- If you are using the silicone donut sheets to prepare your homemade keto onion rings try sitting them on a baking pan this way they are easy to place in the oven and remove from the oven.
- For extra crispy onion rings try double baking them. Once you have removed them from the oven and cooled them. Take a couple of the onion rings and place them on a sheet of parchment paper in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees and you will get the best onion cheese crisp.
- For any leftovers just freeze them in a Zip Loc bag. They are perfect as toppers for burgers. I like to place the frozen onion rings in the air fryer on top of my veggie burger..gourmet style!
- If you want a low carb breading for your onion rings you can just crush up pork rinds, dip your rings in an egg wash then dunk in almond flour for a low carb batter then back in the egg wash and then dip in the crushed pork rinds.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Onion Ring
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 211 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: Onion Rings Keto Low Carb Appetizer