A Light and Delicious Shrimp Salad
- I like to make a Batch of Shrimp Salad and portion it so I used a One pound bag of Frozen Shrimp - I buy the frozen bag of large shrimp at Trader Joes which is already cleaned and has the the tail off for convenience. I pour the bag of frozen shrimp in a bowl and run them under hot water for a couple of minutes to thaw then drain off the water.
- One Fresh Cucumber Peeled and Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons of the Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise
- One half of an uncooked red onion
- One tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- A pinch of celery seed
- Fresh Cut Chives
- Reduced Calorie Hot Dog Buns - or swap for a Bed of Lettuce - or some Corn Tortillas
- Take your defrosted shrimp and place them in a pan with a little splash of Olive oil and some diced onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Then set aside
- This part works best if you own a Mini Ninja Chopper or something similar. Take about 1/4 of the sautéed shrimp with a couple of pieces of Cucumber and red onion and put them in your chopper and mince. It only takes a couple of seconds. Place the minced shrimp, cucumber and red onion in a large bowl and set aside.
- Now take your remaining Cucumber and Red Onion and chop into small pieces and add them to the Mini Ninja Chopper and Mince. You probably cannot fit the entire cucumber and red onion in the chopper all at once so empty the first round into the bowl with the minced shrimp and then mince the rest of the cucumber and red onion batch and when that is complete add to your bowl.
- Add in the remaining sautéed shrimp to your bowl.
- Add in your Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise, Lemon juice, Salt, Pepper and Celery Seed and Mix together well. I made a portion spicy with a dash of Cayenne.
- *Adjust to your taste but note adding additional Mayo will up your WW points as Reduced Calorie Mayo is 3 points for every 2 tablespoons.
- Scoop out a serving of the Shrimp Salad and place on a Reduced Calorie Hot Dog Bun or be creative and try a Tortilla Wrap or Bed of Lettuce. Then garnish with Fresh Chives. Enjoy!!!!
- Note: If you do not own an Electric Mini Chopper you can mince the Shrimp, Cucumber & Red Onion by hand. But you really should get one as you can mince in seconds and it minces everything so finely that it enhances the flavors of everything...and they are pretty inexpensive. *Nutrition information provided is for the shrimp salad only.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 223.1 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3 g
- Protein: 23.1 g
- Cholesterol: 188.3 mg
Keywords: Shrimp Salad