A Quick and Easy Bite Size Dessert.
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Ounces of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees. Coat 2 Non Stick Cookie Sheets or one large Cookie Sheet with Cooking Spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on a low speed. I used my Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer which is the ultimate Kitchen tool if you don't have one put it on your most wanted List.
- Add in the applesauce and vanilla to your mix now and blend it all together.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir this mixture into your cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
- Shape your batter into 40 large marble size balls with your hands; place 1-inch apart on your cookie sheet. Bake until set, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
The dough can be a little sticky to work with. If you find that it is too sticky just chill the dough in the refrigerator first. After baking you can store your cookies in a tightly covered container to maintain their freshness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Weight Watchers
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 15.3 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 3.1 mg
Keywords: Chocolate Cookie