Do you love Crispy Breaded Mozzarella Sticks but want to cut carbs from your Diet? These Keto Friendly Low Carb Mozzarella sticks are super easy to make and won't ruin your Low Carb Lifestyle.
- One Pack of Organic Light String Cheese
- One Pack of Mild Cheddar Cheese Snack Sticks
- One Bag of Pork Rinds - crushed into breadcrumbs via food processor or your hands in a Ziplock Baggie
- 1 Egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- Italian Seasoning for Extra Flavor if Desired
- Olive Oil
1: Prep: Unwrap your string cheese from the plastic wrap
2: Dip: Dip your cheese stick in the egg wash
3: Dredge: Dip your cheese stick in the desired flour (either Almond or Coconut)
4: Dip: Now take your Cheese stick and dip it in the egg wash one more time.
5: Dredge: Take your cheese stick and dip into the crushed Pork Rind Breadcrumbs.
6: Assemble: Set your Breaded Cheese Sticks on a tray.
7: Freeze: *** THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP*** Place your tray of breaded Cheese Sticks into the Freezer for 2 hours so they become frozen. They cook even better if you let them freeze overnight.
8: Bake: Once frozen remove from freezer and they are ready to cook - try them all different ways:
- Fry for 30 seconds in your Electric Fryer - set oil temp at 365 Degrees F
- Bake for 3-5 minutes in your Air Fryer -set temp at 330 Degrees
- Broil in the toaster oven for 4-5 minutes until Golden Brown
- Fry on the stovetop in a pan with a 1/4 inch of Olive Oil on Medium heat for 5 Minutes turning gently with a spatula.
9: Eat: Ready to serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Make sure you freeze your homemade breaded mozzarella sticks for at least 2 hours so they become frozen before baking. They are even better when you freeze them overnight before baking.
- If you want to make a fun kid friendly batch of baked cheese sticks try crushing up a bag of Fuego Taki's and make baked Taki's cheese sticks. You can also crush up Flamin Hot Cheetos for some fun spicy Cheetos mozzarella sticks.
- Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese work best for preparing homemade baked cheese sticks. Both cheeses are low in carbs and easy to bread and bake.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cheese stick
- Calories: 75 calories
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 249.9 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
- Cholesterol: 23.8 mg
Keywords: Mozzarella Low Carb Keto