Welcome, fellow breakfast lovers, to a delightful journey into the realm of wholesome mornings and hearty meals!
Today, I am thrilled to share with you a family favorite that has become a cherished part of our morning routine: The ever popular Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix Recipe.
- 1 cup of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (30 gams) of your favorite flavor - we used Vanilla Bean
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey or Maple Syrup
- A Spritz of Olive Oil Cooking Spray for your pan
- In a medium bowl combine pancake mix and protein powder - mix together.
- Crack your egg into the bowl of dry ingredients, add your milk, vanilla extract and honey or maple syrup - mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix, some lumps are ok.
- Pre heat a non stick skillet or griddle over medium heat - lightly coat with cooking olive oil spray.
- Scoop batter onto pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle to pour batter onto the hot pan. Cook each pancake until bubbles form on surface then flip until golden brown.
- Once cooked transfer the pancakes to a plate and serve immediately. Top with a pat of butter or your favorite healthy toppings such as fresh berries, sliced bananas, a dollop of Greek yogurt or a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
- Optional garnish - Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and dust with a touch of cinnamon and powdered sugar for extra flavor.
- Start by combining Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake mix with whole wheat flour for added fiber and nutrition.
- Enhance the flavor of your pancakes with a touch of natural vanilla extract or your favorite natural flavor extract.
- For fluffier pancakes, add a teaspoon of baking powder to the batter.
- Substitute regular milk with almond milk for a dairy-free option that's still rich and creamy.
- Boost the protein content of your pancakes by using egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- For lighter and airier pancakes, mix in a tablespoon of corn starch to the batter.
- Experiment with different liquids like water or a combination of water and almond milk for a lighter texture.
- If you prefer thinner pancakes, simply add more liquid to the batter until you reach your desired consistency.
- Incorporate ripe bananas into the batter for natural sweetness and added potassium.
- Add a dollop of peanut butter to the batter for a delicious nutty flavor and an extra protein boost.
- Customize your pancakes with your favorite toppings such as fresh berries, sliced bananas, or crunchy nuts.
- Mix in some chocolate chips for a decadent touch or use sugar-free options for a healthier twist.
- Opt for whole grain flour for added fiber and nutrients, making your pancakes a wholesome choice.
- Store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze them for longer storage.
- Serve your homemade Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancakes with your favorite syrup for a delightful breakfast or brunch treat. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 329.4 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 32.9 mg
Keywords: Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix