A Quick and Easy Chicken Recipe in the Instant Pot
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning - I do not like to use Salt but if you do you can add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt for extra flavor.
- Note - If you do not have Mrs. Dash on Hand use 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder and 1/2 a teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- Mix - In a small bowl mix together your Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper & Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb
- Season - Sprinkle the Seasoning Mixture over the Chicken Breast Cutlets on all sides
- Saute - Remove the lid from your Instant Pot and Press the Saute Button and let that heat up for 2 minutes. Then add in your 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Brown - Place your Seasoned Chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and brown them for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Rest - Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside on a plate
- Brown - Add in your minced garlic now to the Instant Pot stir it around and let it brown slightly in the leftover oil for about 2 minutes, if there is no leftover oil you can add in another tablespoon. When it is browned turn off the Instant Pot.
- Deglaze - Add in 1/4 cup of the chicken stock to the Instant Pot and deglaze the bottom by scraping any cooked on bits with a wooden spoon. (Deglazing is a cooking technique for removing and dissolving browned food residue from a pan to flavor sauces)
- Fill - Add remaining chicken stock to the Instant Pot
- Fill - Place your Instant Pot trivet into your pot and place your chicken breasts on the trivet.
- Seal - Close the lid to the Instant Pot and set valve to sealed position
- Cook - Pressure Cook on High for 5 minutes. If this is your first time using the Instant Pot you will see that the pot does not immediately start cooking it takes a couple of minutes for the pot to build up pressure so even though the cook time is 5 minutes it will be more like 10 minutes.
- Release - Once the timer is done you can hit cancel (off) then let the Instant Pot release the pressure naturally. It will take about another 5 minutes then you can move the valve to release any remaining pressure and then open the lid and remove your chicken. Place on a plate and set aside
- Whisk - In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add the mixture to the remaining liquid in the Instant Pot. Press Saute and stir for a minute or 2 to until thickened to make a tasty sauce to add to your chicken.
- Slice - Now slice up your chicken and serve.
Expert Instant Pot Tips:
- Don't overfill the pot - the total amount of food and liquid should not exceed the maximum level marked on the inner pot. Generally it is best not to fill the pot more than 2/3 full, when cooking foods that expand during cooking such as beans and grains, do not fill it more than half full.
- Never try to force the lid open after cooking - if the lid won't open, that means the pressure has not fully released. As a safety feature, the lid remains locked until the float valve drops down.
- Save thickeners for after the pressure cooking is done. Pressure cooker recipes often end up with a lot of flavorful liquid left in the pot when cooking is complete; flour or cornstarch mixtures can thicken these liquids into delicious sauces. Use the saute or brown function while incorporating the thickeners into the cooking liquid, and then cook and stir until the desired consistency is reached.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 61.8 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 8.1 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken