An Easy Garden to Table Cucumber Soup
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 1/4 Cup of Plain Fat Free Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chives minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Peel Cucumbers and slice lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and place them in a bowl. Now slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside.
- In a blender or a Mini kitchen chopper which is what I used, combine the cucumber seeds and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Add 2 cups of the yogurt and process together until blended smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the 1/4 inch cucumber pieces. Add chives and cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of remaining yogurt. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 639.2 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 20.8 mg