Hey there, food enthusiasts and fellow Weight Watchers! Are you ready to elevate your game day experience with a tantalizing treat that won't derail your wellness journey?
Look no further, because today, we're diving into the world of guilt-free indulgence with a culinary creation that's a true winner – our Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken breast.
- 1/3 cup of Buffalo wing sauce.
- 1/2 Plain Greek Yogurt.
- 1 cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese.
- 1/2 cup of Light Cheddar Cheese.
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt.
- 1/4 cup of Crumbled Blue Cheese.
- 1 Medium Scallion sliced for garnish.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking dish or shallow pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the white meat shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, yogurt, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, onion powder and sea salt.
- Spread into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake until bubbly and heated through in the center, about 20-25 minutes. Garnish with scallions.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup.
- Lean Protein Choice:
- Use lean chicken breast instead of dark meat to reduce the overall fat content.
- Greek Yogurt Base:
- Use Greek yogurt for a creamy texture with less fat.
- Choose the Right Cheese:
- Opt for reduced-fat or part-skim cheeses to cut down on calories without sacrificing flavor.
- Portion Control:
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Use smaller serving dishes to encourage moderation.
- Load Up on Veggies:
- Add finely chopped vegetables like celery, bell peppers, or carrots to increase fiber and nutrients.
- Hot Sauce Selection:
- Choose a high-quality hot sauce with minimal additives. Look for options with natural ingredients.
- Homemade Seasonings:
- Create your own seasoning blend to control the sodium content. Minimize the use of pre-packaged seasoning mixes.
- Bake, Don't Fry:
- Instead of frying the chicken, bake or grill it to reduce the added fat from frying.
- Whole Grain Options:
- Serve with whole-grain or vegetable-based dippers like whole wheat pita, celery sticks, or carrot slices.
- Fresh Herbs and Spices:
- Use fresh herbs and spices for added flavor without the need for excessive salt or high-calorie condiments.
- Portion out Ingredients:
- When layering ingredients, portion out each layer to control the overall calorie count.
- Drain Excess Moisture:
- Ensure the chicken and any vegetables are well-drained to prevent excess moisture in the dip.
- Mindful Frying:
- If you opt for a crispy topping, use an air fryer or bake the topping separately to reduce oil absorption.
- Storage Tips:
- Store any leftover buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Consume Promptly:
- Consume the dip within 3-4 days to ensure freshness and safety.
- Reheat Carefully:
- When reheating, use an oven or microwave, stirring occasionally to maintain the dip's texture.
- Freezing (if applicable):
- If the recipe allows, you can freeze the dip in a freezer-safe container for up to 2-3 months.
- Label containers with the date to keep track of freshness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 534.8 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 17.3 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: Weight Watcher's Buffalo Chicken Dip