This is one of my favorite ways to prepare boneless skinless chicken breasts. Using only one can of Campbell's French Onion soup and some Baby Bella mushrooms, turn plain chicken into the best French Onion Chicken with Mushrooms recipe.
- Two Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts pounded thin.
- 1 Can of Campbells French Onion Soup - you can use any brand
- 1 cup of Beef Bone Broth
- 4 Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Prep - Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Grab a saucepan and melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauce your onions and mushrooms for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Sauce - While your onions and mushrooms are sautéing take your chicken breasts and season them with your garlic, salt and paprika. If your chicken breasts are too thick place them in a zip loc bag and pound them thinner with a kitchen mallet.
- Stage - Your mushrooms and onions should be done now. Remove from the stovetop and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Sear - Grab you cast iron skillet and add 5 tablespoons of avocado oil to the pan. Place your seasoned chicken cutlets into your pan and cook on medium high for 5 minutes on each side.
- Simmer - Now add in your cooked mushrooms and onions into your cast iron skillet with the chicken as well as 1 can of French Onion soup and one cup of bone broth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Bake - Place your cheese slices onto of your chicken and place the entire skillet into the oven on the middle rack and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve - Remove from oven and serve...Yummy!!
- Recipes often advise pounding cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap, parchment, or waxed paper, all of which can easily rip or tear. Instead use a Zip Loc bag to place cutlets of meat in the empty bag before pounding to shield the counter and cutting board from contamination.
- Want to cut onions with no tears? Try chopping your onions near a flame from a lit gas burner or candle. The gaseous sulfur compounds they release into the air will burn off before they can irritate your eyes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 ounces
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 1132 mg
- Fat: 34.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 69.6 mg
Keywords: French Onion Chicken Mushrooms