No need to feel guilty eating this tasty Lasagna. This Crockpot Lasagna is loaded with veggies and lean protein. Guilt Free Crockpot Chicken Zucchini Lasagna without touching the oven.
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Parsley
- 4 Zucchini's sliced lengthwise with a Mandolin
- 1 lb of Ground Chicken Chopmeat
- 3 1/2 cups of Marinara Sauce (I used Rao's Sensitive Marinara Sauce)
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 15 ounces of Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Box of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Lasagna Noodles
- 1 cup of Low Fat Shredded Mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the minced garlic and olive oil for about 2-3 minutes. Add in the ground chicken chop meat and cook for about 10 minutes. Then set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the Ricotta cheese with the Parsley and blend together.
- Give your Crockpot a Spritz of Olive Oil to coat the bottom and sides so there is no sticking.
- Take about a 1/4 cup of the Marinara Sauce and spread it on the bottom of your crockpot, this is your first layer.
- Add a layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the marinara sauce. You may have to break a couple of them to cover the entire crockpot as they will not fit perfectly since the pot is oval.
- Add a layer of the Sautéed Chicken Chopmeat
- Add one layer of Zucchini Slices on top of the chicken chop meat.
- Add a couple of Dollops of the Ricotta Cheese with a sprinkle of the Mozzarella Cheese and some additional Marinara Sauce.
- Repeat layers in this order until all of the ingredients are used up ending with adding in any remaining Marinara Sauce and the Chicken Broth. Make sure everything is covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, if you want to cook it a bit faster slow cook for 4 hours and do the last hour on high.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese and Parsley and serve..yummy
1: Use a Slow Cooker Liner for mess free cleaning and cooking. Using a liner will make cleaning up quick and easy. When cooking is done just remove the liner and throw it out.
2: If you don't have a liner and are ready to clean your pot use white vinegar and baking soda to remove stubborn stains. This will make cleaning easier and your crockpot-slow cooker will be spotless.
3: Keep your lid closed when cooking unless your recipe requires you to add an ingredient or stir. Every time the lid is opened, the heat inside is released and the crockpot-slow cooker can then take another 30 minutes to get the temperature back to where it was.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 05:00
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 200.2 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Cholesterol: 37.1 mg
Keywords: Crockpot Chicken Zucchini Lasagna