You don't have to wait for the next vacation down South to enjoy some delectable crispy appetizers. With this Easy Air Fryer Hush Puppies Recipe you can make delicious Hush Puppies right at home. Only 5 Points on WW!
- 1 Package of Jiffy Mix
- 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Diced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh diced Jalapeno
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup WW Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Baco's
- Fresh Chopped Chives for Garnish
- Mix: Mix together the Jiffy Mix, flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and Baco's.
- Assemble: Add in the milk and egg and mix to combine.
- Assemble: Add the diced onions and jalapeño peppers and mix to combine.
- Preheat: Preheat your Air Fryer to 360 Degrees for 5 minutes.
- Assemble: Lay Down a piece of parchment paper cut to size or you can use a parchment paper round and place dollops of hush puppy dough onto the paper about the size of a golf ball spaced apart evenly. You can use a spoon for this.
- Bake: Bake in your Air Fryer for about 6 minutes - give them a flip at the 3 minute mark so they get nice and crispy on all sides.
- Remove: Once the Air Frying of the Hush Puppies is completed remove basket from your Air Fryer and let cool for a few minutes. Then carefully remove each Hush Puppy with tongs and place in a nice basket or serving dish.
- Topping: If you like a Sweet Hush Puppy give them a dusting of Powdered Sugar. If you like a Savory Hush Puppy whip up a light Aioli Sauce for Dipping. To make a Weight Watcher Friendly Aioli Sauce Whisk together 5 Tablespoons of Low Fat Buttermilk, 3 Tablespoons of Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise, 1 Garlic Clove minced, 1/2 Teaspoon of Finely Grated Lemon Zest, 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice, 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt and 1/8 Teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend and you now have a delicious 1 point dipping sauce for your Air Fryer Hush Puppies Recipe. Serving size is 1 1/2 Tablespoon for 1 WW Smartpoint.
- Refrigerate: If you have any leftover Hush Puppies you can refrigerate them for up to 7 days or pop them in the freezer for a later date.
- When baking with a batter in your air fryer also use a sheet of parchment paper in your air fryer basket before adding in your recipe ingredients.
- To help prevent foods from sticking in your air fryer, lightly coat the ingredients with some cooking spray, or a misting oil before or during cooking.
- If you notice your hushpuppy biscuits are not browning or becoming crispy try adding a spritz of olive oil.
- Make sure you do not over crowd your air fryer basket. if 6 biscuits are crowding bake only 4 at a time - you need to leave room for the air to circulate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 212.8 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Dessert Hushpuppies