Crockpot chicken and salsa is a simple and delicious meal that is perfect for those who are short on time but still want a nutritious and satisfying dinner.
This easy creamy crockpot chicken recipe requires minimal preparation and can be left to cook on its own, leaving you free to attend to other tasks.
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- A 16 ounce jar of Salsa
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Curry Powder
- 1 cup of Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- Assemble - Place your 3 boneless chicken breasts into your crockpot. Then add your chopped onion, salsa and curry powder on top and give it a gentle mix. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove - When cooking is complete - remove chicken breasts and set aside.
- Mix - Add your 1 cup of Greek yogurt into your crockpot sauce and mix well.
- Stir - Stir your sauce into a nice creamy salsa blend.
- Serve - Now you can shred your chicken or keep it chunky style and pour the sauce over your chicken, ready to eat....so delicious!!
- For an extra boost of flavor, marinate the chicken overnight before slow-cooking it.
- Avoid using frozen chicken, as it can lead to uneven cooking and potential food safety risks.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken before cooking to prevent a greasy texture.
- For added flavor, you can also add herbs, spices, and vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Don't lift the lid during the cooking process, as this can lower the temperature and increase the cooking time.
- Always store leftover chicken in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. You can also store some leftover portions in zip loc freezer bags for some homemade WW freezer meals.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 378.1 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Cholesterol: 47.6 mg
Keywords: Crockpot Chicken Salsa