Welcome, fellow food enthusiasts and wellness seekers! Today, I have an irresistible recipe for air fryer toasted raviolithat will take your taste buds on a delightful journey while keeping your waistline in check.
- 1 cup of frozen cheese raviolis ( approximately 16 ravioli's)
- 1/4 cup of Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Water or Milk
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- Prep - Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix - In a shallow bowl whisk together the eggs and water. In a separate shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper.
- Coat - Working one at a time dip your frozen ravioli's in the egg mix then in the bread crumbs pressing to coat all sides. Next dip your breadcrumb coated raviolis back in the egg wash and place on your baking sheet. Repeat until all ravioli's are coated.
- Freeze - Place your tray of breaded ravioli's in the freezer to re chill for 30 minutes.
- Air Fry - Remove ravioli's from the freezer - preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Working in batches place ravioli's in a single layer in your air fryer basket and cook until golden about 7-8 minutes.
- Serve - When cooking is complete remove from air fryer basket and sprinkle with some extra parmesan cheese and serve with warm marinara sauce...enjoy!!
- Preheat the air fryer: It's essential to preheat your air fryer before cooking toasted ravioli. This ensures even cooking and crispiness.
- Use frozen ravioli: Frozen ravioli works best for air frying.
- Lightly coat the ravioli: Spray or brush a light coating of cooking oil on the ravioli. This helps achieve a crispy texture.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket: Arrange the ravioli in a single layer, ensuring they don't touch each other. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Shake or flip halfway through: To ensure even browning, shake the air fryer basket or flip the ravioli halfway through the cooking time.
- Keep an eye on them: It's important to monitor the ravioli as they cook. Check for the desired level of crispness, and adjust the cooking time if needed.
- Experiment with seasonings: Before air frying, season the ravioli with your favorite herbs, spices, or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to add extra flavor.
- Serve with a dipping sauce: Toasted ravioli pairs well with marinara sauce, garlic aioli, or pesto. Prepare a delicious dipping sauce to complement the crispy ravioli.
- Consider breadcrumb variations: For an extra crunch, use panko breadcrumbs or mix breadcrumbs with crushed cornflakes or seasoned cracker crumbs.
- Experiment with different ravioli types: While cheese-filled ravioli is a popular choice, feel free to experiment with various fillings like meat, vegetable, or butternut squash for added variety.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 raviolis
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 354.8 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 98.4 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Toasted Raviolis