Spicy and Saucy Keto Buffalo Wings
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Celery Seed
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 12 Bone in Skin on Chicken Wings
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- Fresh Chives
- In a small bowl combine the Paprika, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Celery Seed, Cayenne Pepper and Olive Oil. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Chicken Wings and Spice mixture. Using tongs , toss the chicken to coat in the spice mixture.
- Place the Steam rack in the inner pot and add 2/3 cup of cold water to the bottom of the pot. Stack the Seasoned wings on the rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook High and set the cook time for 17 minutes.
- While the Chicken is Cooking preheat the oven broiler to 550 degrees fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray the foil with non stick coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Combine the Hot Pepper sauce and Butter in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until butter has melted and the ingredients are combined. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 minutes and then remove pan from the heat. Set aside.
- When the cook time for the Chicken is complete, quick release the pressure. Open the lid and use tongs to transfer Wings to a large bowl. Pour half of the Buffalo Sauce over the Wings and use tongs to coat the Wings in the Buffalo Sauce.
- Arrange the Wings on the foil lined baking sheet. Place the Baking Sheet on a rack positioned just above the centre of the oven, vent the oven door, and broil for 6 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through the cooking time.
- Stir the remaining Buffalo Sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the sauce over the Wings and then transfer the Wings to serving platter. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve warm.
- I also made a quick healthy dip using a plain greek yogurt and a half a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powder...it was the perfect compliment for the Wings.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 wing
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 303.8 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 19.9 mg
Keywords: Chicken Wings