Shredded apple brings a natural sweetness to these delicious mini pumpkin ricotta muffins. A dash of ricotta cheese adds extra moisture making them the ultimate one point muffins.
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Green Apple shredded
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Prep - Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F - Coat a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix - In a medium bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, maple syrup, canola oil, vanilla extract and egg. Once mixed add in the shredded apple.
- Combine - In a separate bowl mix your pastry flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Now combine both bowls and mix together.
- Fill - Divide batter and fill muffin cups to the top.
- Bake - Bake 14-16 minutes until golden...enjoy!!!
- Mini muffin tins are usually fitted with a rim that is too tiny to grasp with bulky oven mitts. Avoid this struggle by leaving one corner empty when you fill the tin. Now you have a place to insert your thumb, allowing you to remove the tin without getting burned or squishing any of the muffins.
- Want to convert a muffin recipe into a loaf recipe? Just grab an 8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 loaf pan and reduce the oven temperature by 50 degrees and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..usually about 1 hour.
- If you only want to make a half batch of muffins you should fill the remaining muffin cups with water.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 57.1 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 9.4 mg
Keywords: Pumpkin Ricotta Mini Muffins