As an Italian food lover and Weight Watcher, I am excited to share with you a delicious and healthy WW meatless baked ziti recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a hearty and flavorful meal without the added calories from meat.
- 1 pound of Uncooked Pasta
- 3/4 lb of Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 4 cups of your favorite marinara sauce - store bought or homemade
- 1/2 pound shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil
- Preheat - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. While your oven is heating start cooking your pasta according to the package directions.
- Boil - Once pasta is done cooking rinse with cool water and drain.
- Mix - Pour your pasta back in the pot you cooked it in and add in all of your ricotta cheese, red pepper flakes, about half of your shredded cheese, grated cheese, basil and 2 cups of your sauce then mix well.
- Assemble - Grab you casserole dish and add a 1 cup layer of sauce to the bottom of the dish. Then pour your pasta mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake - Top with the remaining one cup of sauce and your remaining shredded cheese and pop into the oven for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is golden. If you like it really cheesy add on a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese about halfway through the baking.
- Serve - Remove from oven when baking is complete. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then serve. Enjoy!!!
- Choose the right type of pasta for baked ziti, such as penne or rigatoni. They are sturdy enough to hold up to the sauce and won't overcook in the oven.
- Cook the pasta al dente, which means it should be cooked until it's tender but still slightly firm to the bite. This will prevent the pasta from becoming mushy when baked.
- Make sure to salt your pasta water generously to flavor the pasta and ensure it doesn't taste bland.
- Use a high-quality tomato sauce for the dish, preferably homemade, or use a good store-bought one.
- To add depth of flavor, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil before adding the tomato sauce.
- Add some herbs such as basil or oregano to the tomato sauce for additional flavor.
- To give the dish some creaminess, add ricotta cheese or a béchamel sauce.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and cheese before baking to ensure even distribution of flavors.
- Top the pasta with shredded mozzarella cheese or a blend of Italian cheeses for a crispy, gooey crust.
- Let the baked ziti cool for a few minutes before serving to allow the cheese to set and the flavors to meld together.
- For a touch of freshness, sprinkle chopped parsley or basil over the top before serving.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Enjoy with family and friends while savoring the delicious flavors of homemade meatless baked ziti.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 200.4 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.4 g
- Protein: 14.9 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Keywords: Meatless Baked Ziti