I'm excited to share with you a homemade potato chips without oil recipe that's not only easy to make but also healthier than traditional fried chips without sacrificing flavor.
Using only a microwave and no oil, you can enjoy the delicious crunch and flavor of potato chips without the added calories and unhealthy fats.
- One Russet Potato
- Sea Salt - or use your favorite seasoning
- Prep - Take your potato and slice with a mandolin or sharp knife. Make each slice about 1/16 of an inch.
- Soak - Place your sliced potatoes in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes to remove excess starch. You can keep them in the water longer if needed while you are making your batches in the microwave to prevent them from oxidizing.
- Arrange - Grab a microwave safe plate and place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the plate. Place your potato slices on top of the parchment paper on the plate. Arrange them flat all around the plate evenly spaced.
- Season - Add your favorite seasoning and then place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. Then remove plate from microwave and flip your chips with tongs. Add seasoning to the other side now and place back in microwave and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Microwave - Depending on the power of your microwave you may have to flip again and start microwaving at 2 minute increments. Mine came out perfect after a total of 10 minutes of microwave time. When you see them getting golden remove from microwave and let cool.
- Choose the right type of potato: Use a starchy potato like Russet or Yukon Gold for the best results.
- Slice the potatoes thinly: Thinly sliced potatoes will crisp up better and cook more evenly.
- Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water: Soaking the potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes will help remove excess starch, resulting in crispier chips.
- Dry the potatoes thoroughly: Pat the sliced potatoes dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Use a mandoline or sharp knife: A mandoline or sharp knife will help you achieve consistently thin slices.
- Homemade potato chips can be addicting, so practice portion control and enjoy them as a treat in moderation.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 10 chips
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 117.8 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Microwave Potato Chips