Welcome to a delicious and healthy twist on the classic Italian dish - meatless white spinach lasagna! As a pasta lover and weight watcher, I know how important it is to create meals that are not only flavorful but also nutritious. This meatless lasagna recipe is a perfect example of that.
- 12 Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 15 ounces of Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of Part- Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 ounces of Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 4 ounces of Sliced Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- One 15 ounce jar of store bought Alfredo Sauce - I used Rao's Roasted Garlic Alfredo for this recipe.
- Prep - Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Assemble - Take 2 tablespoons of your store bought Alfredo sauce and spread on the bottom of your baking dish. Then take 3 sheets of your lasagna noodles and layer on top of the sauce.
- Layer - Now that you have your first layer of no bake noodles down add a tablespoon of Alfredo sauce on top of each noodle and a teaspoon of ricotta cheese, a handful of chopped spinach, shredded mozzarella, a basil leaf and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. You can then add some additional Alfredo sauce drizzled over the top.
- Build - Add a layer of noodles on top and repeat the process. I did 3 layers using 12 lasagna sheets in total.
- Sauce - When you place your final top layer of your oven ready lasagna noodles in your dish you will add again your Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, spinach, shredded mozzarella, basil, Italian seasoning and you will also add a couple of thin slices of mozzarella on top to finish. Once complete the layering is complete take your remaining Alfredo sauce in your jar add a little bit of water to your jar cover and shake then pour the Alfredo sauce over and around the lasagna in the dish.
- Bake - Cover with aluminum foil. Make sure your spray the underside of the foil with your spray olive oil so it does not stick to the top your lasagna. Place in the oven covered for 50 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden and crispy on top.
- Serve - Once baking is complete remove from oven, slice and serve...enjoy!!!
- Use low-fat ricotta cheese to reduce the overall calorie count of the dish.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the lasagna for extra fiber and flavor.
- Use a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for the topping.
- Use a 9x13 inch baking dish for the lasagna.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil before baking to prevent the top from burning.
- Let the lasagna cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Use a food scale to measure ingredients accurately.
- Use fresh herbs like basil or parsley to garnish the lasagna for added flavor and presentation.
- Use a cheese grater to grate your own cheese instead of buying pre-grated cheese for fresher taste.
- Make sure to evenly spread out the sauce and cheese layers to prevent the lasagna from becoming too dry or too wet.
- Enjoy in moderation and savor every bite!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 112.4 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 14.5 mg
Keywords: White Spinach Lasagna