This veggie packed meal is hands down the best healthy fried rice recipe for weight loss. Hosting a combination of finely shredded organic carrots, peas and fresh scallions for flavor and nutrition.
A super easy mid week meal using pre cooked white rice, allowing it to come together in under 15 minutes.
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup of Un Cooked Diced Fresh Scallions
- 3 cups of Cooked White Rice
- 1/2 cup of Frozen thawed Green Peas
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- Pre Cook- Make a batch of white rice. You need 3 cups for this recipe. I like to make a little extra in my rice cooker. For 4 cups of white rice you need 1 1/2 cups of white rice and 2 cups of water. You need pre cooked white rice for this recipe.
- Scramble - Coat a large non stick skillet or wok with cooking spray - heat pan over medium heat and add in 2 eggs beaten, cook into scrambled eggs for about 2 minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté - Add about 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to your pan and add in your shredded carrots and fresh chopped scallions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix - Add in your pre cooked white rice and peas to your carrot mixture along with a couple of splashes of the coconut aminos and your scrambled eggs. Mix together well and continue cooking over heat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve - Serve with some extra chopped scallions and sesame seeds on top.
- Try adding more protein to your fried rice with fresh shrimp, chicken, chorizo or even pulled pork.
- For an easy spicy fried rice add a dash of chili powder.
- For a vegan fried rice just leave out the eggs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 102.2 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: Healthy Fried Rice