Want to try a fun new way to eat apples? Cut them into wedges, coat them with crushed graham crackers and pop them into the air fryer. In less than 20 minutes you will have the most delicious batch of healthy air fryer apple fries.
A sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar and a drizzle of caramel sauce creates the perfect low calorie air fryer dessert recipe.
- 3 Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- Cooking Spray
- Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream to Serve
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg for extra spice
- Peel - Peel core and slice 3 apples into wedges.
- Chop - Take 2 full graham crackers and place then a food processor to crush into crumbs. I used the Mini Ninja Chopper for this, it works really well. If you don't have a food processor you can place them in a Zip Loc baggie and just crush them with your hand into crumbs.
- Prep - Grab 3 separate bowls and place your beaten eggs in one bowl, your cornstarch in the 2nd bowl and your graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar mixture in the 3rd bowl.
- Dip - Dip apple wedges into cornstarch then dip in the egg wash and let excess run off before dipping into the graham cracker crumb mixture. Set your coated apples on a tray while you preheat your air fryer to 390 Degrees.
- Assemble - Spritz your air fryer basket with olive oil and place your apple wedges in the basket. Give your apple slices of spritz of olive oil as well.
- Air Fry - Close lid on air fryer and bake for 4 minutes then open lid and flip each slice over and bake for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from basket and serve with drizzled caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 15.2 g
- Sodium: 63.5 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Apple Fries