A Quick and Easy Healthy Weeknight Meal
- 1 Cup of Organic Tri Cold Quinoa
- 2 Lemons
- 8 Asparagus Stalks
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups of Basil Leaves
- One Garlic Clove
- One Red Bell Pepper
- 8 Ounces of Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- Cook the Quinoa according to the package directions. Usually 1 cup of Quinoa with 2 cups of water and you can add a dash a salt and a teaspoon of Butter for additional flavor if desired.
- Prepare your Asparagus spears by trimming the bottom inch off of the spears. Toss the Asparagus with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, Some fresh squeezed lemon juice and a dash of salt & pepper. I placed the Asparagus in a large Zip Lock Bag to coat well.
- While your Quinoa is cooking heat up your Indoor Grill and place the seasoned Asparagus on the grill for about 10 minutes until fork tender and charred turning often.
- Remove from Grill and let cool then cut into 2 inch pieces on an angle.
- Now we are going to prepare the tasty Lemony Basil Verde. Take your Basil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, 5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and a dash of Salt & Pepper and place in a Mini Food Processor. Pulse until well mixed.
- Take your Red Bell Pepper and Halve it and remove the seeds, then finely chop.
- The Finale - Add your Cooked Quinoa to a Festive Large Bowl and fluff with a fork. Add Sliced Asparagus, Red Bell Pepper and Drizzle the Lemony Basil Verde and toss to combine. Top with the Mozzarella Pearls.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 216 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: Quinoa Salad