If you love pork chops and just need some inspiration this is your recipe! These easy air fryer stuffed pork chops cook up in under 20 minutes and are flavored from the inside with a sweet pear and cornbread stuffing.
Pork chops are fast cooking and taste great when air fried. If you don't have an air fryer yet no worries they can be baked in the oven as well. To prevent the chops from drying out we start them on the stove top for a quick sear, then into the air fryer or oven.
- 2-4 Center Cut Pork Chops - One Inch Thick
- 2 Slices of Bacon Diced
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 Pear Diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- Your favorite seasonings - Pinch of Thyme, Black Pepper, Salt, Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Corn Muffin crumbled in crumbs
- Stuffing Preparation - Chop up bacon slices, onion, jalapeño and pear.
- Saute - Crisp your chopped bacon in pan on the stovetop over medium heat; once crisp add in your onions, jalapeño and pear and 2 tablespoons of broth and cook all together for about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix - Remove your bacon, onion, jalapeño, pear mixture from the stove and pour into a bowl. Now grab your corn muffin and crumble into pieces and add it into your bowl of bacon, onion, jalapeño, pear mixture and stir together. You can add your favorite spices. I added a dash of thyme, black pepper, salt and cayenne to the mix. Now place your bowl of stuffing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Slice - While your stuffing is chilling grab your pork chops and slice a large deep pocket in the side of each chop with a very sharp knife.
- Stuff - Grab your stuffing from the fridge and fill the pocket you cut into your pork chop.
- Sear - Place you stuffed pork chop back in the pan on the stove for a quick 3 minute sear on each side.
- Air Fry - Preheat your air fryer to 390 Degrees. Add your chops into the air fryer and cook for 13 minutes or to an internal temperature of 145-150. If you are using the oven bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Serve - Remove from air fryer and serve..enjoy!!!
Make a Sauce for your Stuffed Chops - You can make a quick and easy pork chop sauce for this recipe. Use the same saucepan you crisped the bacon in. Add about a teaspoon of your pork chop stuffing to the pan with a splash of broth and a splash of balsamic vinegar stir together and heat up to a boil; then add a chunk of cold butter into the mix. Turn off the heat and stir together. Now spoon it over your Cornbread and Pear stuffed pork chops.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 461.6 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 92.7 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Stuffed Pork Chops