Beignets are a traditional breakfast in New Orleans. This version is made with smaller balls of dough instead of the Classic Rectangular Pillows and half the calories.
- 3/8 Cup of Lukewarm Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar plus one pinch extra - you can use a sugar alternative like Zing.
- 3/4 Teaspoon 0f Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature, cubed.
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 3 Tablespoons of Evaporated Milk.
- Cooking Spray
- Confectioner's Sugar when serving
- Stir together water, 1 pinch sugar and yeast in a bowl. Let prove in a warm place until frothy, 5-10 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add a beaten egg, evaporated milk and yeast mixture, stirring well until a rough, sticky dough comes together; add more flour if needed to help it hold together.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- After rising, divide and shape dough into small round balls. Spritz all over with cooking spray.
- Preheat Air Fryer 360 Degrees F. Spritz the Air Fryer basket with cooking spray as well.
- Working in two batches, arrange dough in basket. Cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Remove from Air Fryer and keep warm under aluminum foil as you cook remaining beignets.
- When ready, serve with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Beignet
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 29.5 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Beignet Low Calorie