Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional brownies that won't derail your weight loss goals? Look no further than these delicious and easy 3 ingredient brownies made with ripe bananas and almond butter!
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup of Almond Butter - Maple and Vanilla Flavor work well for this recipe.
- 1/3 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Optional - 1/4 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Prep - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Peel 3 ripe bananas and mash with a fork into a nice puree.
- Mix - Add your almond butter, cocoa powder and optional chocolate chips to your mashed bananas and mix well.
- Pour - Pour your batter into a 9 inch square baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve - When baking is complete remove from oven, slice and serve...enjoy!!
- Use overripe bananas for the best flavor and texture in your brownies.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork or potato masher to create a smooth consistency.
- Use a combination of brown and white sugar to give your brownies a rich, caramel-like flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter for extra flavor.
- Use a high-quality cocoa powder for rich chocolate flavor.
- Mix the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients to ensure even distribution.
- Use a whisk to mix the batter thoroughly and incorporate air for a lighter texture.
- Don't overmix the batter as it can make the brownies tough.
- Use a non-stick baking pan or line the pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Bake the brownies in a preheated oven to ensure even cooking.
- Use a toothpick or cake tester to check if the brownies are done. Insert it into the center of the brownies, and if it comes out clean, they are done.
- Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting them.
- Dust the brownies with powdered sugar or cocoa powder for a decorative touch.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for extra texture.
- Use a combination of semisweet and bittersweet chocolate for a balanced flavor.
- Don't overbake the brownies as they can become dry and tough.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the brownies for a clean cut.
- Serve the brownies warm with a scoop of ice cream for a decadent dessert.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze the brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 1.5 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Chocolate Brownie