Food that pops! Have you ever tried Sugar Popping Candied Cranberries? If you love candy, specifically sour patch kids then you will love this 3 minute healthy snack recipe.
Orange zest kicks this fun popping sugared cranberries recipe up a notch.
The festive red berries get a dusting of cinnamon and sugar and a quick bake in the oven giving them a sweet and slightly tart delicious flavor and a fun pop when you bite into them.
- One 12 ounce bag of Fresh Cranberries.
- One zested orange - 2 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- Pour your 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries in colander and rinse with water.
- Grab your Orange and zest it by pushing the whole orange over a box grater. Grate about 2 teaspoons for this recipe.
- Grab a gallon size Ziploc baggie and add your 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and your orange zest and close the bag and shake to mix the seasonings together.
- Pour your cranberries into the Ziploc bag with all the ingredients and shake to coat all the cranberries evenly.
- Now pour your coated cranberries onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place in a preheated 350 degree F Oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. You can add an additional dusting of powdered sugar if you desire. Once they are cool - serve and get ready for the pops!
These sugared candied cranberries can also be made in an Air Fryer. Just lay a sheet of parchment paper in your air fryer basket and place the sugared cranberries on top and air fry at 290 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 berries
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 15.3 g
- Sodium: 0.9 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Candied Cranberries