In today's culinary adventure, we're bringing together two seasonal stars, pumpkin and ripe bananas, to create a masterpiece that embodies the very essence of autumn. Say hello to our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf, a Weight Watchers-friendly delight that will have you savoring every bite guilt-free.
- One 15 Ounce can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups of Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Place all of your ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender and mix together.
- Once mixed well fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into a parchment lined loaf pan and top with some additional chocolate chips or chunks.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Once baking is complete remove from oven cool and then remove from loaf pan and slice.
- Choose the Right Pumpkin: Opt for canned pure pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling. It's lower in sugar and calories.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: Opt for dark chocolate chips with a higher cocoa content. They contain less sugar than milk chocolate chips.
- Portion Control: Divide the batter into smaller loaf pans or muffin tins to control portion sizes.
- Spice it Up: Use a mix of warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to enhance the pumpkin flavor without adding calories.
- Toasted Nuts: If you enjoy nuts in your pumpkin loaf, toast them before adding for extra flavor without needing as many.
- Don't Overmix: Overmixing can make the loaf tough. Mix until just combined.
- Parchment Paper Lining: Line the loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal and less need for added fat to prevent sticking.
- Temperature Control: Preheat your oven properly and monitor the temperature to ensure even baking.
- Cool Before Slicing: Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
- Portion and Freeze: Once your loaf is cool, slice it into individual portions and freeze them. This prevents overeating and makes it easy to grab a portion for a quick treat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Loaf
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Sodium: 469.1 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.7 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf