Are you tired of the same old bowl of oatmeal for breakfast every morning?
If you want to switch things up and enjoy a warm and hearty breakfast that's both delicious and nutritious you need to try this easy Baked Oatmeal with Nuts recipe.
- 2 cups of Oats
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1/1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Prep - Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F - you can also Air Fry this recipe at the same temperature. Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl (dry ingredients are your oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nuts and chocolate chips) whisk together.
- Mix - Add you wet ingredients in a separate bowl (wet ingredients are your eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla extract) Mix well.
- Mix - Combine your dry ingredients into your bowl of wet ingredients and mix together into a nice batter.
- Pour - Pour your batter into an 8x8 Baking Pan and you can make a couple of baked oatmeals for one in individual ramekins with the remaining batter.
- Bake - Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 40 minutes. If you are using the air fryer it cooks slightly quicker and will only need 30 minutes. When cooking is complete slice and serve. So Yummy!!
- Use a baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep to prevent the oatmeal from overflowing as it bakes.
- Don't skimp on the spices, like cinnamon and nutmeg, which add warmth and depth to the oatmeal.
- Stir in some chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, for a crunchy texture and added protein.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar or maple syrup on top of the oatmeal before baking to create a crispy, caramelized crust.
- Bake the oatmeal at a lower temperature, around 350°F, for a longer time to ensure even cooking and prevent the edges from getting too brown.
- Let the oatmeal cool for a few minutes before serving to allow it to set and become easier to slice.
- Serve the oatmeal with fresh fruit, yogurt, or a drizzle of honey for a balanced breakfast or dessert.
- Store leftover oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheat the oatmeal in the microwave or oven, adding a splash of milk to prevent it from drying out.
- Use a variety of mix-ins, like chocolate chips, dried fruit, or shredded coconut, to change up the flavor of the oatmeal.
- Experiment with different baking vessels, like ramekins or muffin tins, for individual portions of baked oatmeal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 181.4 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 24.8 mg
Keywords: Baked Oatmeal