This super easy air fryer smashed Brussels sprouts recipe celebrates the fall harvest by showcasing fresh Brussels sprouts and parmesan cheese.
If you've never had Brussels sprouts before, you're in for a real treat. The key is to steam them briefly just enough to soften them and gently smash them in a medley of seasonings.
- 4 cups of Brussels sprouts steamed
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Steam - If you are using fresh Brussels Sprouts place in a steamer for 15 minutes to soften. If you are using frozen Brussels Sprouts you can steam them in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Assemble - Grab a sheet pan and line with foil and drizzle with olive oil all around the pan. Now add your salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle all around to cover the entire pan. If you are use an air fryer with a small basket make a tray out of just aluminum foil to fit your basket.
- Flatten - Take your steamed Brussels sprouts and place them on your baking sheet or foil pan and then use the bottom of a glass or jar to press down gently and flatten them into the olive oil and cheese mixture. The flatter you make them the crispier they will become.
- Air Fry - Now place in the air fryer to cook. If you are making your smashed Brussel sprouts in the Ninja Foodi air fryer you can preheat at 390 degrees and cook for 15 minutes. For a Cuisinart air fryer place on roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. I used both and they came out crispy and delicious in both air fryers. If you want to roast them in the oven you can bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then broil for an additional 6 minutes.
- Serve - Remove from oven let cool and serve. Make a quick dipping sauce with Maple Syrup and Spicy Mayo mixed together.
- Sprinkle your smashed sprouts with nutritional yeast for an extra burst of vitamin B12.
- Steam your Brussels sprout for at least 5-7 minutes before attempting to flatten them.
- Level up your Brussels sprouts by adding a Balsamic and honey glaze with some crispy bacon bits or pancetta.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 180.8 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 7.2 mg
Keywords: Brussels sprouts Air Fryer