Are you looking for a quick and easy snack or a delicious side dish to accompany your meal, an air fryer hasselback sweet potato recipe is a great option. It's versatile, healthy, and best of all, incredibly delicious.
- One uncooked Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoon of Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Prep - Slice a thin section from the bottom of your sweet potato lengthwise so it has a flat surface to lay on. Place the sweet potato on a cutting board flat side down and hold it steady with one hand. Take a pair of chopsticks and place them on either side of the potato, with the tips of the chopsticks touching the cutting board. If you don't have chopsticks you can use 2 wooden spoons. Using a sharp knife, carefully make thin, evenly spaced slices across the sweet potato, stopping just before the knife hits the chopsticks. The chopsticks will act as a guide, preventing you from cutting all the way through the sweet potato. Repeat the slicing process until the entire sweet potato is sliced.
- Baste - Brush the sweet potato with maple syrup and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Air Fry - Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place your sweet potato in the air fryer basket and air fry for 20 minutes. Recoat your potato again with maple syrup and nutmeg or cinnamon and air fry an additional 20 minutes until your sweet potato is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve - Remove from air fryer when cooking is complete and serve.
- Choose sweet potatoes that are evenly shaped and similar in size for even cooking.
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly and dry them with a clean towel before starting.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the sweet potatoes, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- If you prefer a softer texture, wrap the sweet potatoes in foil before air frying.
- Use tongs or a spatula to remove the sweet potatoes from the air fryer basket to prevent them from falling apart.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives, or toppings of your choice, such as brown sugar, butter, sour cream, toasted pecans, walnuts, honey or even mini marshmallows.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 29.8 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.8 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Hasselback sweet potato