As a potato lover and weight watcher, I'm excited to introduce you to a delicious and healthy recipe for Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes.
This recipe is a perfect combination of crispy and creamy, with a savory flavor that will satisfy your taste buds.
- One uncooked Russet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon of Light Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon of Trader Joe's Ranch seasoning
- 2 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
- Slice - Slice a thin section from the bottom of your potato lengthwise so it has a flat surface to lay on. Place the potato on a cutting board flat side down and hold it steady with one hand. Take a pair of chopsticks and place them on either side of the potato, with the tips of the chopsticks touching the cutting board. If you don't have chopsticks you can use 2 wooden spoons. Using a sharp knife, carefully make thin, evenly spaced slices across the potato, stopping just before the knife hits the chopsticks. The chopsticks will act as a guide, preventing you from cutting all the way through the potato. Repeat the slicing process until the entire potato is sliced.
- Baste - Brush the potato with an herbed olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. I also had some roasted garlic cloves on hand which I inserted in between a couple of slices for extra flavor.
- Air Fry - Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place your potato in the air fryer basket and air fry for 20 minutes. Recoat your potato again with olive oil and sea salt and air fry an additional 20 minutes until your potato is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Mix - While your potato is cooking make your low calorie dressing. Combine your yogurt, water, light mayo, parsley, ranch seasoning.
- Drizzle - Drizzle ranch dressing over your potato and serve. Enjoy!!
- Scrub the potatoes well and dry them thoroughly before slicing.
- If making more than one potato choose medium-sized potatoes that are similar in size and shape, so they cook evenly.
- Use a sharp knife to make thin, even slices in the potato, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil to help them crisp up in the air fryer.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you prefer, such as garlic or paprika.
- Consider adding cheese or bacon bits to the potatoes for added flavor.
- Add some fresh herbs, like rosemary or thyme, to the potatoes after cooking for added aroma.
- Consider serving the potatoes with a dipping sauce, like sour cream or ranch.
- Experiment with different types of potatoes, such as sweet potatoes or red potatoes, for a variety of flavors and textures.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket, as this can prevent the potatoes from cooking evenly. If you need to make a large batch, cook them in batches.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 747.9 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.5 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Hasselback Potato