You will love this Super Easy Weight Watchers Spicy Chickpea Stew as a main dish or as a healthy Breakfast drizzled over your favorite crispy toast.
- 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Small Onions Diced
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Diced Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Can of Diced Seasoned Tomatoes ( I used Garlic and Oregano Flavored)
- 3 Cans of Organic Chickpeas
- 1 Bag of Spinach - 8-10 Ounces
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Cilantro
- Pour Olive Oil in a large non-stick skillet and warm over a low-medium heat. As the skillet is heating add in your diced onions and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; stir frequently until the onions are softened about 10 minutes. Stir in the the Garlic, Cumin and Diced Ginger; Cook for 1 Minute. Add diced Tomatoes and their juice, and the Chickpeas; Stir to combine and Mash some of the Chickpeas slightly with a Potato Masher.
- Using Tongs, toss in the Spinach and drizzle another splash of Olive Oil; Cook covered, until Spinach is wilted, tossing the mixture once or twice halfway through about 5-10 minutes. Stir in the Lemon Juice, Cilantro, remaining 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt and the Red Pepper Flakes.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Weight Watchers Chickpea Vegan