Do you want something healthy for lunch that is filling and not bad for you? If you answered yes then you must try this Simple Healthy Chicken Salad. Creamy, crunchy sweetness is what you get with this Low Carb Chicken Salad.
Why Are Low Carb Foods Better for you?
- Low Carb eating results in weight loss.
- Eliminates those pesky out of control cravings.
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar and consequently the appetite.
- Reducing carbohydrate consumption and replacing them with protein and healthy fats will reduce overall calorie consumption and aid in losing weight.
- Reduces Belly Fat.
- Aids in maintaining a Healthy Blood Pressure.
- I enhance my recipe's by adding Low Carb and Keto friendly food swaps which make the recipe better and better for you.
How can I make a Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad?
The trick to this simple healthy chicken salad is using the best healthy ingredients.
What Healthy Ingredients do I need to make this Simple Chicken Salad?
- An Apple
- Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- A Rotisserie Chicken
- Light Mayonnaise
What is the Best Apple for this Easy Homemade Chicken Salad?
- Red Delicious
- Granny Smith
- Golden Delicious
What is the Best Chicken for this Traditional Chicken Salad Recipe
To make this a quick and easy recipe I used a store bought pre cooked Rotisserie Chicken. You can usually find one at any local supermarket for under $10.00. Just remove the skin and cut off the chicken breast and shred with a fork.
If you like dark meat use the meat from the drumsticks and thighs. It will be slightly higher in calories but just as tasty.
If you have the time to make your own chicken you can try my Instant Pot Chicken Recipe to prepare home cooked chicken for this recipe.
What should I serve my Healthy Chicken Salad On?
- A Parmesan Crisp
- Avocado Parmesan Crisp see Recipe Here
- Curried Sweet Potato Fritters- See Recipe Here.
- A Lettuce Leaf
- A Cabbage Leaf
- Your Favorite Pumpernickel Bread
- A Slice of Sourdough Bread
What are some Tasty Sides to go with my Easy No Cook Chicken Salad?
- Baked Potato Chips
- Air Fried French Fries
- A Big Green Salad
- Fresh Fruit and Cheese
- A Loaf of Crusty French Baguette
What can I Use to Spice up my Chicken Salad Sandwich?
If you like your food spicy like me try adding some:
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Hot Sauce
What Kitchen Tools do I need for this Tasty Chicken Salad Recipe?
- A large Mixing Bowl
- A good Paring Knife for Chopping
- A Quality Cutting Board
Don't have time to Cook and still want to Eat Healthy? Try out BistroMD...
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points system.
This Traditional Chicken Salad is only 3 Smart Points for the entire batch of Chicken Salad. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I was following the Purple plan which was good but a little too lenient for me so I have switched over to the Blue plan and the pounds are going down again happy to report. If you want the new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here.
Not a Weight Watcher but thinking about trying it?Join for Free + Save 35% on 3 months of WW Workshop + Digital. Try the New myWW Program: our most customized ever! Participating locations only.
- 1 ½ cups of shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons of Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Stalk of Celery sliced thin
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 6 Teaspoons of Low Sugar Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Apple Sliced into thin pieces - Use your Favorite Apple
- 1 Stevia Packet
- ¼ cup of diced Chives or Finely Chopped Onion
- Add Some Diced Tomato for a Pop of Flavor and Color
1: Take all of your Ingredients and add them to a large mixing bowl.
2: Stir all ingredients together gently mixing well.
3: That's it - Serve, Eat and Enjoy!
P.S. Don't Forget Dessert ! Grab a FREE Copy of my Easy Keto Dessert Recipes right Here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
If you Love No Cook Salads check out my Zero Point Summer Bean Salad Here