This Easy Keto Enchilada Bake is perfect to keep stashed in your freezer for those busy nights when you have time only for the drive-through or to throw something pre-made into the oven!
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 12 Ounces of white meat chicken - shredded breast meat or chicken chop meat or a blend of both
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Taco Spice Seasoning
- 3 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Salsa
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 4 Soft Tortillas - you can make your own Low Carb Tortillas or use a store bought Low Carb Brand like Tumaro's
- 4 Ounces of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F. Lightly spray the inside of an 8X8 casserole dish with Avocado Oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the chicken chop meat until browned, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more stirring constantly.
- I like to add a mix a shredded white meat chicken which I pre cooked in my instant pot or you can get a rotisserie chicken and use some shredded white meat from that and mix it with the chicken chop meat and blend together.
- Stir in the tomato paste and the Taco Seasoning and turn off the heat.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the cream cheese, salsa and water and whisk until smooth. Turn off the heat.
- To assemble each enchilada, spoon one quarter of the meat mixture into the center of each soft tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place them into the prepared casserole dish.
- Spoon the creamy salsa on top and sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
This Recipe card if for the Enchilada Filling Only. Depending on which Low Carb Soft Tortilla you decide to use in your recipe - you will have to add the carb value of your soft tortilla to the carb value of the enchilada filling.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Keto Low Carb Enchilada